MainInspired by Ogre Battle - ForumRegistrationLogin
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Spartan Games » Game Ideas » Inspired by Ogre Battle
Inspired by Ogre Battle
ArtemisDate: Saturday, 2012-06-30, 3:46 PM | Message # 1
True Spartan
Group: Administrators
How about a board-game-ish thing where you can make 5 units to the standards of the Ogre Battle games?

For those of you that don't know, there are 2 types of units. Large and Small. You have room for 5 spaces in a unit. Small units take up 1 space, large units take up 2. The unit is a 3x3 square. Large units take up a tile and a half, small units take up 1 tile. Units cannot overlap. So your possible combinations are (at max) 5 small, 3 small 1 large, and 1 small 2 large.

Now as for the game. You dispatch your 5 units across the map. There are cities on the map that you can go to for a quick rest. However there are some rules. A city will only welcome one unit per set period of time. Also, to prevent city camping, you must move one tile each turn, failure to move results in you being struck by "Shaurai's Thorns" (It's just a lore thing) causing your unit to take X damage to all members. There are mine-tracks across the map. You may use these to move additional steps.

The movement system I had planned is similar to Nobunaga's Ambition (if you've never played it you just gotta) A board of rectangles and you move across from one to the other.

I suppose we could offer subscriber-only classes if it ever kicked off (Pumpkinheads come to mind).

More discussion?

A hero is not one who never falls, but one who gets up, again and again, NEVER losing sight of one's dream!

ShinkuGuntouDate: Monday, 2012-07-02, 8:20 PM | Message # 2
Paganus
Group: Users
I like it. Would it be more of a one instance thing, like Castle, or more a RPG?

That's been what's kept me from attempting one. I'm not really sure how to do it, unless it was instance-based things, where the campaign would put you into an area (like on Ogre Battle) where you would then move to taking cities (etc., etc.). Then have major cities (like Dardenelles Crossroads, Alba, etc.) that would allow for player-interaction, and PvP.

But I do love the idea, and I'd be happy to pitch in, if it ever comes to fruition.

The Dread Pirate Roberts, I presume?

ArtemisDate: Monday, 2012-07-02, 9:03 PM | Message # 3
True Spartan
Group: Administrators
I think it'd be more of a PvP thing, similar to Castle I guess. You play against like-leveled players, give your units experience, have some kind of a ranking system in. If I could figure out instance, I'd be all over this man. Instances would be used for the little fights, and overall board game progression.

A hero is not one who never falls, but one who gets up, again and again, NEVER losing sight of one's dream!

Forum » Spartan Games » Game Ideas » Inspired by Ogre Battle
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Website builderuCoz